This is a bit of trivia, just random thoughts I’ve had since the lockdown came into effect on 23rd March.
- I have discovered on sunny days, when we all have doors and windows open, that I live four doors down from a professional drummer.
- Most people out for their daily permitted exercise find a woman with a pickaxe making huge holes in her driveway for the installation of parking posts both odd and unsettling.
- Unlike the blue tits and great tits, goldfinches look all wrong hanging upside down on a bird feeder.
- It was slightly disconcerting to hear on the radio that the inability of the BBC to shoot episodes of Eastenders is of serious concern to a large percentage of the UK population.
- Writing a book proposal is much easier to do if you have an enormous beanbag outdoors in the glorious heat.
- Edam is no substitute for a good, creamy Gouda, nothing is a substitute for Taleggio, and a sunny day salad without feta quite simply sucks. Thank goodness for a local supply of Perl Wen.
- Working on a document in a giant beanbag is a wonderful thing, right up until your hayfever meds put you to sleep and you wake up feeling like a sun-dried tomato
- I never cared a toss about the Harry and Meghan Show, but was completely taken aback by their decision to announce, right in the middle of a global crisis involving thousands of deaths, that they are no longer talking to the tabloids. A sense of perspective would go a long way.
- I miss my Dad, who is self-isolating
- We postponed my March birthday until after the lockdown, whenever that may be, so I’ve decided that, officially, I am still only 55 🙂
No 9 resonates with me Andie. I really enjoy reading your blog it makes me feel a little closer to the place I love the most. Take care stay safe and brace yourself for the crowds to flock down when this is finally over!!
Lisa, I am so looking forward to the crowds! I hope we meet up for a coffee or an ice cream 🙂